Indian Trademark Office re-initiates special drive to dispose post registration requests
According to the Notification the names of the officers responsible will be published by the TMO shortly and it is also pertinent to note that no separate hearing notices would be issued by the TMO.
The Trademark Office has requested that the proprietors or their counsels should present the following documents for processing the requests.
1. Statement of case indicating sequence of changes relating to the registered trademarks.
2. Authentic copy of the requests filed and the relating filing receipts.
3. Authentic copy of the supporting documents such as assignment deed, name change document etc on the basis of which such requests were filed.
4. An affidavit to the effect that no litigation is pending in respect of the change requested.
5. Authentic copy of the POA or GPOA authorizing the counsel
Hopefully the Trademark Office will be able to clear a lot more files in the next two months as opposed to the previous drive.